New World players are experiencing various issues with the game including connectivity issues. If you’re experiencing lag spikes or losing connectivity while playing the New World, here are some steps that could help.
How to fix connection issues in New World?
Common Symptoms of Lag and Connectivity Issues
Players are experiencing various lag issues like character(s) moving randomly or sporadically around the map, also known as rubber banding or warping.
Attacks appear to land, but the damage or effects aren’t registering. You and/or other players appear to be stuck or running in place. Sudden, frequent disconnects from the game. Frequent lag or lag spikes
These are some common Symptoms of New World lag and connectivity issues
Check New World server status here.
- Make sure that your computer isn’t downloading Windows updates, other games, etc. Performing tasks that involve downloading updates can drastically decrease your computer’s available bandwidth.
- Identify if others in your household are running high bandwidth applications like video streaming, or online gaming. Closing high bandwidth applications or turning off high bandwidth devices may reduce latency.
- Don’t use a VPN or Proxy while playing, they can cause connectivity issues such as high latency.
- Make sure your system clock is set to the correct time.
Checks for Windows updates
To learn more about how to check for Windows updates, go to Microsoft Support.
Close other applications that may be taking up your bandwidth
Closing applications that take up high amounts of bandwidth, or experience bandwidth spikes, may reduce the total bandwidth available on your computer.
- Press CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard, then select Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab click Network to filter applications by their network usage.
- End any applications or tasks taking up high amounts of bandwidth.
Verify integrity of game files
To learn how to verify your game files, go to Steam Support.
Restart your router and modem
- Unplug the power cable from your router and modem. If your router or modem has a battery, remove it.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then plug the power cable back into your modem. If you removed a battery from your modem, put it back now. Wait another 30 seconds for your modem to boot.
- Plug the power cable into your router. If you removed a battery from your router, put it back now.
Troubleshoot your firewall
Try adding Windows firewall exceptions manually:
- Press Windows + R, type “firewall.cpl” into the Run window, and then press Enter.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall and then click Change settings.
- Look for the game in the list of allowed apps and features. If it’s present, make sure it’s checked, and that both the Private and Public columns have a check mark. If the game is missing from the list, you must add it.
- Click Allow another app…, locate and select NewWorldLauncher.exe, and then click Add.
- Once you’ve done that, make sure that New World has check marks under both the Private and Public columns.
Try opening the necessary ports on your router to allow traffic between your network and our servers. If you don’t know how to forward ports, https://portforward.com/ is a good place to learn. You can also test your luck on Google if you’re feeling lucky.
If opening these ports doesn’t resolve the issue, we recommend checking with your ISP (internet service provider). In some cases, your ISP may be limiting traffic on certain ports, which can impact your ability to play our games.
- TCP: 80, 443
- UDP: 33435
The post How to Fix New World Connectivity Issues? [Solved] appeared first on UpdateCrazy.