Featuring the “Ghosts of Verdansk” limited-time mode, The Haunting in Warzone brings Verdansk back under nightfall. Completing The Haunting’s challenges will unlock the prototypical LAPA (BOCW) – the first-ever ranged weapon event reward – which will also have a unique Weapon Blueprint available in the Store alongside Halloween-themed Bundles.
Ghosts of Verdansk, a Limited-Time Mode
For this year’s event, we’re turning the lights down and the fear way up.
Let’s set the stage… Players become Ghosts on death but can redeploy as humans by collecting three Souls. Ghosts have all sorts of spooky abilities. Be the last team with a human left alive to win.
This mode introduces a new meter known as Fear, located on the bottom left portion of the HUD. As you play, manage your Fear level to avoid [REDACTED]. Once you hit 50% Fear, [REDACTED] will begin. The higher your fear, [REDACTED].
Fear increases naturally over time and when the following events happen:
- Being shot at, being hit by enemy Equipment, or having their Killstreaks in the area
- Camping (AKA cowardice)
- Seeing dead bodies or Ghosts
- Having squadmates downed or eliminated
Outside of experiencing [REDACTED], Fear also decreases when the following happens:
- Eliminating a player or Ghost
- Reviving a Squadmate
- Completing a Contract
- Remaining within Sacred Ground… so long as it stays intact
No more Gulag. Instead, as a Ghost, use your abilities to gather Souls dropped from the dead and redeploy back as a human. If you die as a Ghost, your Squadmates can still buy you back.
Ghosts have no weapons, but they have some supernatural abilities:
- Charged Jump
- Charge up a powerful leap into the air, and control your descent to prey upon those on the ground.
- Use your teleport ability to close the gap between you and your prey.
- Spectral Blast
- Use your spectral blast to temporarily stun enemies, as well as damage and disable nearby vehicles.
- Soul-Steal Finishing Move
- As a ghost, use your Finishing Move on standing, crouching, or prone enemies to instantly replenish your soul meter and come back as a human.
It’s all about survival… and spooky Ghosts, of course.
All Players, except direct Squadmates, can be attacked by Ghosts, but they do have a safe space to take solace in:
- Sacred Ground
- Marked by a glowing blue circle and beam of light, as well as an icon on the mini-map, these areas are protected by a supernatural magic that prevents Ghosts from crossing over. However, Ghosts can damage the area by throwing their spectral bodies at it, and if they ram themselves into it enough times, they can destroy that plot of Sacred Ground.
Keep your fear in check, use Sacred Ground, and ensure one of your Squadmates is left alive as a human to win Ghosts of Verdansk.
Keep your eyes and ears open.
New Weapons (BOCW)
- LAPA: Submachine Gun
- Full-auto submachine gun. Lightweight prototype with reliable damage and good firing control. Improved handling and range with a slower fire rate..
- Obtain via reward by completing The Haunting Challenges in either Warzone or Black Ops Cold War or via Blueprint in the Store.
#Warzone #October #Update #Patch #Notes #Haunting #Event