NMS update 3.81 (3.080.001) is now rolling out on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to NMS 3.81 patch notes, the latest update added new personal robotic companions, a total overhaul of weapon systems; new lore and stories; all-new Sentinel enemies and combat behaviours; the ability to reprogram and adopt your very own friendly AI drone; and much, much more. Apart from this, NMS version 3.81 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a major free update added new structures, planetary settlements, base buildings, and much more. Recently, a hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s NMS update 3.81 will fix a few of these issues.
What is new in NMS 3.81 on February 16 today?
- Three new types of Sentinel Drone have been added: Heavy Combat Drones, Repair Drones and Summoner Drones.
- Combat Drones use a variety of weapons, including terrain-destroying grenades, close-range scatter shot, and a rapid fire laser rifle.
- Repair Drones are lightly armed and weak, but will rapidly seek out and repair any damaged Sentinel units.
- Summoner Drones are little threat in themselves but if left unchecked will quickly overwhelm careless Travellers by calling in waves of reinforcements.
- Sentinel drone navigation has been reworked, allowing for better pathfinding over rough terrain, and allowing drones to pursue players into buildings and caves.
- Sentinel Drones now deploy static combat shields, creating a dynamic battlefield. Players may manoeuvre to take advantage of these shields for themselves, or open fire to destroy the shield.
- A new high-level Sentinel has been added, the Hardframe Battle Mech.
- The Hardframe can be found at high alert levels or patrolling near secure buildings.
- The Hardframe is well-armoured but highly mobile, being equipped with a jetpack.
- The Hardframe has access to a range of weaponry, including grenades and a plasma flamethrower.
- Sentinels can now be temporarily disabled, either by defeating the final wave of Sentinel forces in a battle, or by locating and interfacing with a planetary Sentinel Pillar.
- The canisters dropped by Sentinel forces have been visually refreshed, with drones, quads, Walkers and Hardframes all dropping distinct items.
- Sentinel canisters have had their physics adjusted so that they are less likely to roll away at high speeds during a fight.
- At higher alert levels, or on extreme Sentinel worlds, waves have been adjusted to bring additional forces in over time.
- Sentinel base health has been increased.
- Sentinel weapon ranges have been adjusted to keep targets in a more structured combat formation.
- Sentinel firing rates have been adjusted for a more dynamic combat experience.
- The Sentinel Walker’s vital armour now covers only their head unit.
- Destroying the leg armour of a Sentinel Walker will now temporarily buckle the Walker.
- The speed of the Sentinel Walker’s projectiles has been increased.
- The Sentinel Walker’s grenades now destroy planetary terrain.
- Fixed a number of issues with Sentinel Walker aiming and navigation.
- Addressed a bug that caused Sentinel drones to fly into space to investigate crimes committed by players on other worlds.
- Players will no longer be alerting about Sentinels investigating crimes committed by players they are not grouped with.
- Sentinel alert icons have been adjusted, and alert states consolidated, to make it more clear what state various Sentinel forces are in when searching for a player.
- Addressed a bug where players may be sent to extreme Sentinel worlds by missions that should avoid extreme Sentinels.
GRAPHICS AND TECHNICAL
PC support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 1.0 has been enabled. This is a cutting edge super-optimised spatial upscaling technology that produces impressive image quality at fast framerates.
- VR image quality has been improved for PS4 Pro.
- For PC players with a compatible RTX card, support for Nvidia DLAA has been enabled. NVIDIA DLAA is an AI-based anti-aliasing mode for users who have spare GPU headroom and want the highest levels of image quality.
- For PC players with a compatible RTX card, Nvidia DLSS support has been upgraded to version 2.3.0.
- Addressed a bug that could cause excessive base part pop-in on high-end consoles and PCs.
- Introduced a number of physics optimisations.
- Introduced a number of load time optimisations.
- Introduced a number of memory optimisations.
MINOTAUR AND EXOCRAFT
- Added a new technology to the Space Anomaly, the Minotaur AI Autopilot. With the AI active and the player on foot, the Minotaur will attempt to follow the player and assist them in combat.
- The Minotaur now has a dedicated third-person combat camera.
- The Minotaur non-combat camera has been improved.
- The Minotaur turning circle has been tightened.
- The Minotaur no longer decelerates on turning.
- The Minotaur now sways less when in combat.
- The Minotaur can now back pedal when in combat.
- Fixed a number of issues that caused popping in the third-person Exocraft and Minotaur cameras.
- First-person aiming and locomotion for the Minotaur has been improved.
- When equipped with the appropriate weapon, the Minotaur can now shoot from its arms as well as its head-mounted turret.
- Sentinel projectiles now correctly collide with Exocraft, meaning that exocraft now take damage from enemy fire.
- The canisters dropped by defeated Sentinels can now be picked up while in the Minotaur.
- Sentinels will no longer investigate when the player destroys a plant or rock by treading on it with the Minotaur.
- The Exocraft and Minotaur cannons have had their base damage increased.
- The Exocraft and Minotaur cannons now deal a level of explosion damage on impact, damaging other nearby targets.
- The Minotaur now has its own bespoke reticles for different weapon modes.
- Exocraft marker and interaction labels now use the specific name of that Exocraft.
- Improved the positioning of exocraft markers.
- Exocraft weapons now correctly display their ammo/charge status in the HUD.
- Build costs for the Exocraft Summoning Station have been reduced.
- The Exocraft Summoning station can now be picked up and carried around in the Exosuit inventory.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the Terrain Manipulator size preview to appear while using the Minotaur.
NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND ITEMS
- A new class of weapon has been added – the Neutron Cannon.
- The Neutron Cannon is a charged energy weapon that does not use projectile ammunition.
- Charging the Neutron Cannon releases a fast-moving cone of destruction, similar to the Scatter Blaster.
- Alternatively, the Neutron Cannon can be fired rapidly, though this deals less damage.
- Neutron Cannon impacts deal short-range explosive damage.
- The Neutron Cannon is available to research aboard the Space Anomaly.
- Procedurally generated upgrades are available for the Neutron Cannon from weapons dealers across the universe.
- A new class of secondary grenade launcher has been added – the Paralysis Mortar.
- On impact, or a short time after launch, the Paralysis Mortar’s projectiles will explode in a flash of electric energy, temporarily stunning all entities caught in its blast radius.
- The Paralysis Mortar is available to research aboard the Space Anomaly.
- A new class of secondary Multi-Tool utility has been added, the Cloaking Device.
- Activating the Cloaking Device will cause the user to become temporarily invisible, allowing rapid escape from Sentinel forces, or for a quick tactical repositioning.
- The Cloaking Device has its own power source and does not need to be recharged.
- The Cloaking Device is available to research aboard the Space Anomaly.
A new upgrade has been added for the Pulse Spitter, the Impact Igniter. This technology causes every projectile from the Pulse Spitter to set its target on fire, as well as deal damage on impact.
- The Impact Igniter is available to research aboard the Space Anomaly.
- A new upgrade has been added for the Blaze Javelin, the Waveform Oscillator. This technology applies a brief stunning effect to any target hit by the Javelin’s beam. The stun is of the same duration regardless of the Javelin’s charge level.
- The Waveform Oscillator is available to research aboard the Space Anomaly.
A new generalised Multi-Tool upgrade has been introduced, the Voltaic Amplifier. When installed, this upgrade increases the damage dealt to stunned targets by all weapons.
- The Voltaic Amplifier is available to research aboard the Space Anomaly.
- The Multi-Tool caches found in the Space Station and in planetary shops have had a visual overhaul.
- Weapons found in Multi-Tool caches or presented by NPCs may now contain procedurally generated upgrades.
- A new piece of salvaged equipment, the Hardframe Engine, is now available to those who destroy a Hardframe in combat.
- Sentinel Drones may now leave behind Salvaged Glass, a strange remnant of another world.
- Salvaged Glass may be cracked open to reveal a valuable item.
- Salvaged Glass may contain a new class of unique procedurally generated upgrade, which applies a wide range of bonuses across multiple Exosuit or Multi-Tool systems.
WEAPONS AND COMBAT
- The sentinels now deploy their forces in greater numbers, to create more dramatic firefights.
- All grenade-based weapons have received new icons.
- Plasma Grenades now deal only 10% of their full damage to the player who fired them, reducing the risk of a fatal accident.
- Plasma Grenades now deal slightly less damage on impact to all targets, but will now set the target on fire and deal damage over time.
- The base damage of the Pulse Spitter has been increased.
- The speed of the Pulse Spitter’s projectiles has been decreased.
- Pulse Spitter projectiles are now affected by gravity.
- The speed of the Boltcaster’s projectiles has been increased.
- The Boltcaster’s burst cap has been increased, so that it can fire more projectiles before needing to cool down.
- The positioning of player weapons has been improved in VR.
- The placement of the player’s hands on two-handed weapons in third person has been improved.
- Heavy weapons (such as the Blaze Javelin or Scatter Blaster) now use a stronger recoil animation, to reflect the power of the blast.
- Weapon projectiles now apply an impulse to Sentinel drones, pushing them backwards.
- The rumble and camera shake of all weapons has been adjusted for both drama and impact, but also player comfort.
- When in an environment that prevents weapon use (such as the Space Anomaly), the HUD will default to a more subtle crosshair.
- The Personal Forcefield is no longer locked to one plane, and can be freely moved to block attacks from above or below.
- Different weapons may now be balanced with different critical hit multipliers.
- Addressed a bug that caused unnecessary camera movement when cycling between different weapon modes.
- Addressed a bug that caused camera popping and unnecessary movement when using the Personal Forcefield.
Aggressive Multi-Tool modes (such as the Boltcaster) now have bespoke first and third person camera settings, to create contrast from non-aggressive Multi-Tool modes (such as the Mining Laser).
- The combat supply canisters dropped by Sentinels can now be opened by interacting with them, in addition to shooting them.
- Interacting with a combat supply canister that recharges the Exosuit’s shield will no longer display a full screen message if the shield was already full.
- In addition to charging the Exosuit’s shield, combat supply canisters may now restore other critical systems, such as health or hazard protection.
- The full screen messages and notifications displayed when taking damage or charging shields have been adjusted for accuracy.
- Full-screen damage effects have been adjusted to reduce visual noise while in combat.
- Armoured drones no longer show multiple health bars for each piece of armour.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Teleporting between destinations in the same system (eg between bases or between the Space Station and bases) has been made significantly faster.
- The cap on owned Multi-Tools has been increased from 3 to 6.
- When items are added to the inventory and the inventory UI is open (for example, when dismantling a piece of technology), the items now prioritise being added to the currently active inventory page if possible.
- The visual appearance of Multi-Tools in the Quick Menu has been improved.
- While piloting your ship, if your current mission is asking you to visit the Space Anomaly, then summoning the Anomaly now has priority in the Quick Menu over the Galaxy Map.
- If both your secondary and primary weapons are out of charge, the Quick Menu will now always prioritise the primary weapon.
- Consumable food items now describe in their popup what sort of effect they will have upon the one who consumes them.
- Held interactions now have a minimum fill when tapping a button, to help communicate that the button needs to be held.
When viewing an item in the world that contains multiple rewards (such as the canisters dropped by Sentinels), then health or shield critical rewards will be prioritised in the UI label, if the player is low on health or shield levels.
- Improved the VFX for the Minotaur’s jetpack thrust, jetpack ignition, and take off.
- Sentinel Drones now have muzzle flash VFX for their weapons.
- Added new VFX for all new Sentinel weapon types.
- Improved the impact and destruction effects when destroying Sentinel Drones, Quads and Walkers.
- Improved the impact, trail and explosion effects for plasma grenades and the geology cannon.
- Added lights to player weapon muzzle flashes.
- Improved the muzzle, beam and impact effects for the Mining Laser.
- Improved the muzzle, beam and impact effects for the Blaze Javelin.
- Improved the muzzle, projectile and impact effects for the Pulse Spitter.
- Improved the muzzle, trail and impact effects for the Scatter Blaster.
- Improved the muzzle, trail and impact effects for the Boltcaster
- Improved general explosion effects.
- Improved starship damage and destruction effects.
- Improved the VFX for starship missile trails.
- Improved the VFX for starship energy weapons.
- Improved the VFX for planetary fire hazards.
- Improved the VFX for the various hazardous gas plants found across planets.
- Improved the steam effect used in various planetary hazards.
- Improved the meteor impact and trail VFX.
- Improved the VFX for planetary volcanic eruptions.
- Volcano VFX update. Main eruption and build up geyser smoke build up updates.
- Improved the space atmospherics.
- No Man’s Sky will support Steam Deck from launch.
- Introduced a number of specific Steam Deck optimisations.
- Introduced support for Steam Deck controls.
- Introduced support for Steam Deck touch input.
- The maximum number of saveable terrain edits has been significantly increased.
- Compatible base parts can now be freely rotated around any axis, allowing for more creative and flexible construction.
- When adjusting the colour or material of a base part, the holographic effect is disabled and illustrative lights are enabled around the part in question.
- Addressed a bug that could cause nearby base parts to be deleted when moving a base part.
- Fixed a case where the player ship would not be correctly placed on an available landing pad when teleporting to a base.
- NMS version 3.81 addressed a bug that could cause duplicate parts to spawn within a settlement, blocking player access to buildings.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause base parts to snap incorrectly.
- Improved the clarity of a number of base building error messages.
- Improved the positioning and stability of the Build Menu.
- Addressed a bug that caused parts to become deselected when toggling between placement and selection modes.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the base part popup information to overlap other parts of the UI.
- Added audio to a number of Build Menu options.
- NMS patch 3.81 fixed a number of Build Menu UI issues that could occur when using HUD scaling.
- Addressed a bug that caused the paint option to be visible when the selected part cannot be repainted.
- Addressed a bug that could cause incorrect colours to be applied to some base parts.
- Addressed a bug that allowed overly rapid placement of base parts.
- Addressed a bug that prevented base parts from being replaced in their correct location if the player cancels picking up and moving the part.
- NMS update 3.81 fixed a number of issues that allowed players to build unbuildable base parts.
- Addressed a bug that allowed players to duplicate unbuildable base parts.
- Fixed a number of visual glitches that could occur when building in multiplayer.
- Improved the visual effect when constructing a new base part.
COMPANIONS AND CREATURES
- The maximum number of companions has been increased from 6 to 18.
- Companions are no longer dismissed when a player enters a vehicle or ship, and are instead only dismissed when that vehicle starts moving.
- Creature pathfinding has been significantly improved.
- Addressed a bug that could cause diplo-class creatures to be cut out of frame in the Discovery UI.
- Fixed a number of issues that could occur when creatures or fiends attacked via a long-distance pounce.
- Addressed a bug that prevented diplo-class creatures from giving their correct specific cooking ingredients when butchered or milked.
- Fixed a visual issue with the ragdolling of some creature types.
MISSIONS AND BUILDINGS
- A new building type, the Sentinel Pillar, can now be found on planets across the universe.
- The nearest Sentinel Pillar is located when defeating a level 5 Sentinel alert.
- A Pillar can also be found via a Sentinel Boundary Map, a special chart that can be harvested from defeated Sentinels.
- A substantial new series of Sentinel stories are available to be read at the Sentinel Pillar’s main terminal.
- A new player title is available to Travellers who read the entire archive.
- Planetary Sentinel forces can be temporarily shut down from a Sentinel Pillar’s main terminal.
A new class of Royal Multi-Tool may occasionally be found when harvesting weapons technology from the Sentinel Pillar’s main terminal.
- A substantial new series of story-driven missions has been added. These missions will probe some of the deepest secrets of the Sentinels… Please note: Players must have a planetary settlement to begin the new missions.
- During the course of these missions, Travellers will acquire and reprogram their own personal Drone companion.
- A new player title is available for Travellers who complete this mission chain.
- Addressed a bug that could cause inappropriate planets to be selected for creature taming or feeding missions.
- Addressed a bug that could cause players never to find the needed component during Nexus repair missions.
- Addressed a bug that asked players for an inappropriate amount of faecium during substance collection Nexus missions.
- Nexus construction missions now choose from a more diverse range of base parts.
- The Exobiology Expedition will begin soon.
- The Exobiology Expedition will take players on a journey of discovery across the galaxy as they investigate and record all sorts of exotic animal life.
- The Exobiology Expedition offers the chance to earn an exclusive new jetpack trail, the royal Exotic Wingpack, a Sentinel Quad companion and much more…
Bug Fixes in NMS 3.81
- Fixed a high-frequency crash that only occurred when playing the game in Japanese.
- Fixed a crash related to creature navigation.
- Fixed a GPU crash.
- Fixed a crash related to base building.
- Fixed a crash related to loading large bases.
- Fixed a crash related to planet generation.
- Fixed a number of rare networking crashes.
- Fixed a number of audio streaming issues on PlayStation 4.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when loading a settlement.
- Fixed a rare crash related to Short Range Teleporters.
- Fixed a severe performance degradation issue that could occur when approaching a settlement that had an active mission marker.
- Addressed a bug that could cause players to overshoot the end of a ladder and climb infinitely up into the stars.
- Addressed a bug that could disable planetary gravity when dying underwater.
- Addressed a bug that caused overly large collision on di-hydrogen crystals.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the combat supply barrels dropped by Sentinels to duplicate in multiplayer.
- Addressed a bug that could cause popping in the third person camera when running on steep slopes.
- Addressed a bug that could cause undamaged frigates to appear to need maintenance.
- Fixed a collision issue with a specific class of exotic creature.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the incorrect settler to appear pleased or unhappy with your judgements.
Addressed a bug that caused the story progress within some buildings (such as abandoned buildings) to be tracked differently across different systems, resulting in text that incorrectly repeated itself.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the combat frigate to intervene in a fight but not bring any weapons.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent secondary weapons from activating.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Terrain Manipulator to block players from manually showing the HUD or the current mission notify.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the interaction circle to appear low res.
- Addressed a bug with the Byte Beat Library that could cause an empty page to appear in the UI.
- Addressed a bug that caused the ‘Dismiss’ button to appear when purchasing a new frigate.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the player to briefly disappear as the camera transitions out of an interaction and back to gameplay.
- Addressed a bug that could allow empty bases to populate the Space Anomaly teleport list.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the HUD weapon panel to pop for a frame when exiting the Analysis Visor.
- Addressed a bug that allowed HUD indicators to appear over the top of the options UI.
- Addressed a bug that could allow pirates to unexpectedly interrupt deep space encounters.
- Addressed a bug that caused a brief glitch in the Multi-Tool animation during the intro sequence.
- Addressed a bug that caused the depth of field to be set incorrect when transitioning between different cameras.
- Addressed a bug that could cause flickering in the dialogue UI screens.
- Addressed a bug that could allow volcanoes to generate on top of planetary buildings.
- Addressed a bug that could cause gravel patches to be infinitesimally small on a specific set of barren planets.
- Addressed a bug that caused an identical popup to repeat itself after learning several blueprints at the same time.
- Addressed a bug that could cause the player to briefly become unresponsive when learning a new recipe during a chained interaction.
- Addressed a bug that could cause bald spots on the terrain on lush infested worlds.
- Addressed a bug that could cause planetary objects to pop in at the wrong LOD.
Download free NMS update 3.81 on Sony PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.
#NMS #Update #Patch #Notes #Sentinel #Update