Need for Speed Unbound is now available on PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S. Unfortunately, since the release, players are experiencing various performance issues, bugs, and error codes. Today, we have compiled a list of Need for Speed Unbound known issues, bugs, and glitches. Also, learn how to fix NFS Unbound issues and glitches.
Check out more details below.
Need for Speed Unbound Known Issues, Bugs, and Fixes
NFS Unbound Launch Error or Won’t start properly
Please make sure that your game files are not damaged. This can be done on PC(Steam), please right-click on the game in your library and then click on properties -> local files -> verify.
If Steam does not update or launch games anymore.
- Open Steam parameters (Steam > Parameters)
- Select the tab “Downloads”
- Click on the button “Clear download cache”
Also, disable the Antivirus and run the game.
Black Screen Issue
If you start a game and only see a black screen, try waiting 10-15 minutes on the black screen, the game may take some time to load on older hardware or high video settings.
If the issue persists you can try repairing the game files and/or try restarting your PC.
NFS Unbound Launch Issue/Bug
- Some players who merged their PC and console accounts are seeing an “NFS Unbound Unexpected Server Error” and server disconnections.
Workaround: Running Game As Administrator
To run the game as Administrator.
- Right-click Need for Speed Unbound in your Steam Library.
- Go to Properties then the Local Files tab.
- Click Browse Local Files.
- Locate the game executable (the application).
- Right-click it and go to Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click Apply.
NFS Unbound PC crashes after startup/launch
- There is a bug where the game crashes shortly after startup on PC. The fix will be available soon.
Workaround: Disable Overlay Apps
There are several background apps such as NVIDIA’s ShadowPlay, Discord, or AMD Relive takes extra resources to render the overlay on the game and if your PC cannot handle it well, then you should probably disable them.
Video Memory Crash
Players are reporting Need for Speed Unbound PC crashes with the warning.
Workaround: Try the following and restart your computer afterward:
How to change page file size
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard
- type sysdm.cpl and press enter.
- Go to the Advanced tab and press Settings under the Performance section.
- Press the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window.
- Under Virtual memory, press Change.
- Tick the box for Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
NFS Unbound PC Stuttering/ FPS Drop/ Graphics issues
Please make sure that you are in the range of official recommended system specs. The next step will be to check if your drivers are up to date.
Download the new driver and install it: Nvidia GeForce:
If the game does not run correctly (black screen on launch or poor performance), follow these steps. Check if your configuration meets the minimum requirement on the Steam Store page. Also, update your graphics card drivers from the link below.
Update or repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017
- Download it from here (or use this mirror link if the first link is broken)
- Run ‘vc_redist.x64.exe’
Update or repair Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
If you’re using a laptop, check if the game runs on the graphic card and not the integrated graphic chipset of the processor
Many of these bugs are known to the Need for Speed Unbound developers, who are working hard to fix them.
#NFS #Unbound #Bugs #Issues #Glitches #Workaround