NEW LIMITED TIME CONTENT
WINTER CONVERGENCE FESTIVAL
The holiday of the Winter Convergence has arrived in Aeternum! Marked by the appearance of increased snowfall and Northern Lights in the sky (ala Aurora Borealis) this is a time of duality and dichotomy as the Yeti, the Winter Wanderer, comes to the land. While in the settlements gifts are exchanged to mark the passing of the year, outside the safety of the walls there rages a wintry war between the positive forces of Winter (slumber, perseverance) championed by the Winter Wanderer’s positive side and the negative forces of Winter (death, stagnation) are championed by the Winter Wanderer negative side. The player takes on the cause of the Winter Wanderer to collect Winter Tokens from repeatable events across the island, able to turn them in to a Holiday Shop containing rare and cosmetic items. The Winter Wanderer’s positive aspect grows in power with each Token collected and turned in.
Icy winds and the Winter Wanderer bring with them new armors, weapons, furnishings, skins, consumables, and a delightful “present gifting” emote; all themed off the wonderful Aeternum holiday of Winter Convergence!
The Winter Wanderer has set up four villages to facilitate the joy and cheer of Winter Convergence! Visit these villages in Everfall, Monarch’s Bluffs, Weaver’s Fen, and Brightwood to meet the Winter Wanderer and carry out his holiday quests!
WINTER CONVERGENCE ACTIVITIES
- The Convergence Spirit –
Celebrate the spirit of the season by giving a helping hand in decorating your favorite Settlement.
- The Convergence Spirit is a special Town Project that allows players to complete special Town Project Quests to upgrade each Settlements Tree of Light for improved daily rewards!
- Lost Present Recovery –
Those dastardly Frigid Folk are spreading their mischief and stealing present across Aeternum.
- Located throughout the world are Lost Presents to be recovered and turned in for Winter Tokens at the Winter Villages Holiday Huts.
- Gleamite Collecting –
Bright, glittering, gleaming Gleamite meteors of a multitude of color fall from the nights sky during this time of the year; as destructive as they are beautiful.
- Gleamite Showers are a new random, dynamic event that occurs at night throughout Aeternum. Keep your eyes and ears open as you search for locations where the showers are most prevalent. Exchange the harvested crystals for Winter tokens at the Winter Village Holiday Huts. Happy hunting!
Ice Caves are appearing all over Aeternum due to the Winter Warrior’s desire for a Forever Winter. They are snowy and icy caves that the yeti uses to make snow fall. The rest of Aeternum will look like these Ice Caves if the onslaught of the Warrior is not stopped. These caves will remain behind after the event as scars on the land, sources of wintry magic that refuse to melt even if the Warrior is defeated.
In addition to the new quest series offered by the Winter Wanderer for the Convergence Festival, there are also several new “side story” territory quests offered in Restless Shore and Mourningdale. This update also introduces a new quest series associated with Housing. After you’ve completed the Main Story Quest “Encroaching Corruption,” seek out Architect Giacomo Altoviti near your starting settlement to begin the quest series. Further quests with Giacomo Altoviti will be unlocked as you level up and progress your Territory Standing.
NEW JOURNAL CATEGORIES
New quest categories have been added to the Journal for “Epic Weapons and Armor” quests and for “Skill Progression” quests. This update is accompanied by new map pins for all quest types.
EXPERTISE & GYPSUM SYSTEM
Based on feedback on the High Water Mark system and our desire to have a compelling and diverse end game, we’ve made some major updates to the end game. We’ve added a new resource called Gypsum that can be acquired each day by doing a variety of activities (open world named bosses, expedition bosses, outpost rush, arenas, corrupted breaches, etc.). Each activity rewards a different type of Gypsum that can be crafted into a Gypsum Orb. These Orbs can then be crafted into Gypsum Casts of any weapon, armor or trinket type. Opening a Gypsum Cast will guarantee an expertise bump and gear of that type.
We’ve also renamed High Water Mark to Expertise and now display the current Expertise level of each slot on your avatar in the inventory, so players can easily track their progress. We also show a level up banner anytime your Expertise level increases.
Lastly we’ve added 2 new end game POIs were players can challenge themselves with difficult content and try to progress their Expertise with level 66 enemies and elite chests. Both Malevolence in Edengrove and the Imperial Palace/North Dynasty Shrine have been up-leveled to 66.
TRADE SKILL APTITUDE
We want to continue rewarding the efforts you make to craft items for yourself, your friends, or to make a buck on the Trading Post, so we have introduced Trade Skill Aptitude!
- Upon reaching level 200 in a Trade Skill, the Leveling Circle will update to show 3 markers equidistant from each other on the circle.
Earning Trade Skill XP will begin progressing you again, and when you reach one of these markers, you will be awarded with a container of useful items that are (mostly) trade skill relevant, such as Craft Mods, special ingredients, and even schematics and recipes!
- Each subsequent marker awards a more spectacular container with more rewards than the one before.
- Gaining enough XP to go all the way around the circle will increment the Aptitude Counter by 1. This counter will keep counting so you can keep track of how many times you’ve wrapped your progression around the top level.
- New World December update also introduced a new type of reward with this system: Equipment Patterns.
- Equipment Patterns are Crafting Artifacts that enable you to craft a guaranteed Gear Score 600 item that has a specific appearance.
- Patterns require a significant amount of powerful crafting resources to create, but guarantee a GS 600 item.
- Patterns still roll perks and players have the normal amount of control over their outcome with Craft Mods and Azoth.
- Equipment Patterns have a small chance to drop from Arcana, Weaponsmithing, Armoring, and Engineering Aptitude Reward Caches.
PVP BALANCE CHANGES
Due to an issue in our initial PvP damage formula that caused lower gear to be more beneficial in damage mitigation, we have updated our formula. We look forward to hearing your feedback on this update.
- PvP damage formula update
- We adjusted the way armor mitigation is calculated to use enemies gear score value instead of your average gear score.
- To adjust for the difference in armor mitigation we increased the damage low level players do to higher level players and reduced the damage the higher level players do to lower level players.
- Crit damage application
- Critical damage bonuses from masteries or perks are now applied additively instead of multiplicatively. On average, this will reduce the extra damage they provide by a small percentage.
- Buffer Windows: A general consistency pass has been done across all weapons to adjust the buffering windows for dodges, abilities and basic attacks. The updated buffer windows starts when the first frame of the attack that would deal damage or on the first casting frame in the case of abilities that do not deal damage.
Download free New World game update 1.2 for PC.
#World #Update #Patch #Notes #Winter #Convergence #Festival