New Looting System
- Players will have access to the new Backpack & Inventory system, uniquely adapted to Battle Royale and DMZ modes, which allows for a more strategic approach to looting.
- In Battle Royale, loot will pop out of Supply Boxes onto the ground, allowing players within close proximity to automatically pick it up. This will either stack with existing slots or fill new ones.
- In DMZ, players will be presented with the entirety of the new Backpack, having to carefully choose when to loot and how to manage their inventory.
- Loot containers can come in different shapes and sizes, including but not limited to: duffel bags, cash registers, weapon lockers, and medicine cabinets.
- Player opponents will also drop a lootable Backpack upon elimination that uses this system.
And So Much More…
Warzone 2.0 was built from the ground up with Modern Warfare II as a shared experience.The key innovations we’ve brought to MWII Multiplayer exist across Warzone 2.0 as well.
Below we will discuss new features from Modern Warfare II, alongside familiar features from the original Warzone, that we’ve brought together into a single, ultimate Battle Royale experience.
New Contextual Loot
- Containers and ground loot can be found in logical locations across the map
- i.e. Self Revives can be found in medicine cabinets, while plate carriers may be found at a police station.
- Players are now able to dive.
- Operators are now able to swim! Leverage this new feature to hide, reposition, or engage in submerged aquatic combat using your Handgun.
- Leaning Out of Vehicles
- Passengers in a vehicle can now lean out of the window (that is if your door remains intact) to engage in combat using any selection of equipped Weapons.
- Climbing Onto Moving Vehicle
- Passengers in a vehicle can now climb out of the window and onto the roof while in motion.
- Wall Hanging
- Players can now grab onto wall ledges or the top of vehicles and choose to peak or even fire their Handguns before climbing over.
New Buy Station
- Buy Stations have been upgraded and adjusted.
- Item inventory and stock may vary from one station to another.
- Custom Primary Weapons can be purchased for a considerable fee.
- The Firesale Public Event will add new items to Buy Station inventory.
- In Battle Royale, Players will find an option to buy back their fallen allies.
- In DMZ, Players will be able to purchase Contraband Weapons, as well as sell items they’ve looted throughout the world.
New Armor Plate Carriers
- Players will infil with fewer default slots for wearable Armor Plates. Players will have to search the battlefield for upgraded Armor Plate Carriers in order to unlock additional slots, with a maximum of three. Players who have a maximum of three Armor Plates equipped will be resistant to damage that would otherwise down them in one shot.
- In Battle Royale, Al Qatala forces can be found in a variety of areas including the Gulag, Strongholds, and Black Sites. These enemy combatants range in difficulty, from basic reinforcements to unique, boss-style Juggernauts.
New Assimilation Mechanic
- This brand new interaction allows players to prompt opponents to join their squad, with a max squad size that varies depending on the game mode.
- This feature enables squads who have lost a player to fill the empty spot for a fair chance at victory.
New Interrogation Mechanic
- Reveal enemy players, enemy equipment, and earn a $1,000 reward by successfully interacting with a downed opponent before they are eliminated.
New Proximity Chat
- Players are now able to interact with other players (if enabled) they encounter in a match via proximity voice chat.
New Perk Packages
While creating a Custom Loadout, players will be prompted to select one of the following Perk Packages that are adapted to various unique playstyles:
- Double Time | Bomb Squad | Resupply | High Alert
- Scavenger | Strong Arm | Fast Hands | High Alert
- Double Time | Tracker | Spotter | Ghost
- Scavenger | Strong Arm | Focus | Ghost
- Battle Hardened | Bomb Squad | Cold Blooded | Overclock
- Double Time | Strong Arm | Fast Hands | Overclock
- Weapons Specialist
- Overkill | Strong Arm | Spotter | Survivor
- Double Time | Tracker | Focus | Birdseye
The new Perks that are found within the Perk Packages detailed above are as follows:
- UAV and Radar pings show the heading of the enemy.
- Bomb Squad
- Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives. Reset fuse timers when picking up live grenades.
- Fast Hands
- Reload, use equipment, and swap weapons faster.
- Extended hold breath duration and reduced flinch when ADS.
- Field Upgrades are rechargeable and you can store an additional charge. Charge rate decreased by 20%.
- Start with an additional Lethal. Recharge equipment over 30 seconds. Previously known as Restock.
- Strong Arm
- Throw equipment further. See a preview of the trajectory.
- Enemies that down you get automatically pinged. Get revived faster by allies.
- Shock Stick
- Electrical device that sticks to surfaces as well as opponents. Electrocutes enemies, destroys equipment, causes opponents to fire their weapon uncontrollably, and causes vehicles to go haywire.
- Shock Stick
- Drill Charge
- Charge with a thermal lance that can burrow into surfaces before exploding.
- Drill Charge
- Cluster Mine
- Throw a device that launches a cluster of smaller mines within the immediate area.
- Mortar Strike
- Signal several waves of mortars to attack a location.
New Field Upgrades
- Battle Rage
- An experimental stimulant that gives you an adrenaline rush resulting in quicker Health regeneration, resistance to enemy Tactical Equipment and explosives, and a constantly refreshed Tactical Sprint. This effect persists through damage.
- Activates a device that deactivates electronics, and disrupts enemy sensors in the immediate area for a short period of time.
- Inflatable Decoy
- A proximity activated decoy mine that violently deploys a kevlar target to confuse and distract opponents.
- Portable Radar
- Emits a periodic radar ping to detect nearby enemies.
- Revive Pistol
- Equip a revive pistol capable of reviving downed teammates or yourself. Hits to critical locations may be harmful to hostile targets.
- Suppression Mine
- A trip mine that, when triggered, emits a constant sound wave that disrupts enemy vision and slows their movement.
- Blow open three marked safes full of enemy supplies.
- Locate a hard drive containing enemy intelligence and deliver it to the marked upload station.
New Vehicle Durability
- Certain heavy and medium vehicles are more likely to go into a “Disabled” state when hit with explosives, rather than being outright destroyed, to better allow for counterplay opportunities.
New Vehicle Fuel & Repair System
- Most vehicles use gas as fuel which is consumed over time, eventually rendering the vehicle unusable.
- Gas Stations (Land and Marine)
- Can be used by players to repair and refuel vehicles.
- Gas Cans
- In addition to parking at a Gas Station pump, vehicles can be refilled by using Gas Cans which can be found throughout the map. These can be stored in your backpack and used while operating the vehicle.
- Vehicles can be repaired by parking them at Gas Stations located throughout the map. Damaged tires can also be repaired by interacting with them.
#MW2 #Patch #Notes #MW2 #Warzone #Update