Minecraft PS4 update 2.38 is now available to download. According to the official Minecraft 2.38 patch notes, the latest update added experimental frogs, Iron Golem Cracking / Repairing, fixed mobs despawning, and more. Apart from this, today’s Minecraft version 2.38 also includes well over 100 fixes and changes to the game
Previously, a big update added various bug fixes and tweaks. Recently, a hotfix was also released.
Unfortunately, since the last major update, players are still facing issues with the game. Today’s Minecraft update 2.38 will fix a few of these issues. Read more details below.
What is new in Minecraft PS4 2.38 Patch Notes (Bedrock) – February 8, 2022
It’s time for a new Minecraft game update! This time around, we’re bringing a boat load of fixes and quality of life changes. With well over 100 fixes, there’s a lot to cover. Let’s dive into the highlights!
- Added Globe Banner Pattern
- Iron Golems now show different degrees of cracking depending on their health
- Updated several more textures to match Java Edition
- New experimental features with Frogs and Tadpoles
- A huge amount of bug fixes and parity changes
- World settings can now be changed directly on Realms, just like local worlds
- If you’re playing in South Korea, we added gameplay timers and notices in compliance with gaming laws to help remind players to take occasional breaks from gameplay
- Added the Globe Banner Pattern on Bedrock
- Raid boss bar says now displays “Raid – Victory” and Fireworks are launched from the ground after a raid is defeated.
- Villagers now make a “No” sound when attempting to make a trade that they are out of stock
- Players no longer gain a particle effect when obtaining Bad Omen from Pillager Captains
- Iron Golems now show different degrees of cracking depending on their health. Iron Ingots can be used on damaged Iron Golems to repair them.
- Removed the emerald icon above a Villager’s head when trading
- Iron Golems now only attack players that have very bad standing in a village after attacking a Villager
- Glow Lichen now has similar brightness as Java Edition
- Foxes now aim downwards when they pounce.
- Updated trade tables for Butchers, Cartographers, Librarians, and Wandering Traders
- Biome decoration features in cave biomes now have similar frequency as Java Edition
- Adjusted the “otherside” music disc to give off a redstone signal of 14 to match Java Edition.
- Adjusted the “Pigstep” music disc to give off a redstone signal of 13 to match Java Edition.
- Updated textures for multiple blocks and items to remove bugs and achieve parity between Bedrock and Java Edition.
- Lodestone Compass
- Oak Door, Dark Oak Door, Birch Door, Spruce Door, Acacia Door, and Jungle Door
- Oak Sign, Dark Oak Sign, Birch Sign, Spruce Sign, Acacia Sign, Jungle Sign, Warped Sign, and Crimson Sign
- Campfire and Soul Campfire
- Item Frame and Glow Item Frame
- Glow Berry Vines
- Comparator (On)
- Additional texture updates
- Updated Glass Pane top to match the new texture on Java Edition.
- Fixed the top texture of Dark Oak Logs.
- Updated Stripped Dark Oak side texture to match the new texture on Java Edition.
- Updated Dirt Path side texture.
- Changed ‘door_oak’ texture filename back to ‘door_wood’.
- Reversed Parrot head and wing bottom textures.
- Moved Beetroot and Melon Seed textures 1 pixel row down to match Java Edition.
- Removed unused pixels in Cocoa Beans stage 0 and stage 1 textures to match Java Edition
- Updated Smooth Stone texture in Armor Stand base.
- Removed horizontal lines in Oak and Iron upper Door textures.
- Removed hood in Witch, Evoker, and Vindicator textures to match Java Edition
- Changed alpha values of Red and Blue Stained Glass textures to match Java Edition (Vanilla Parity)
- Fixed the hammer icon’s color palette on the Anvil screen.
- Updated Dark Oak Planks on the Cartography table textures.
- Updated Spruce Planks on the Barrel bottom texture
- Updated Planks on the Lectern base texture.
- Fixed highlight inconsistencies in Gold and Diamond Armor textures .
- Removed wandering pixel in the Carrot stage 3 texture .
- Centered the back texture of Axolotls.
- Boat oars now have the same color as the Boat.
What is fixed in Minecraft PS4 2.38 Patch Notes (Bedrock) – February 8, 2022
Frogs and Tadpoles
- Frogs will spawn in Swamp biomes
- Frogs can croak, jump, swim, and walk on land
- Frogs can eat small Slimes, causing a Slime Ball to drop
- Frogs can be tempted and bred using Seagrass, but this is just a placeholder food for now
- Frogs lay eggs after mating
- Frog eggs that hatch spawn Tadpoles
- Tadpoles that grow up will turn into a Frog
- Tadpoles can swim in water
- Tadpoles “jump around” like fishes when on land, and eventually die
- Tadpoles grow into a different type of Frog based on the biome they are born in
- Tadpoles can be caught in a Bucket
- Three new Froglight blocks have been added (Pearlescent, Verdant, and Ochre)
- The Froglight blocks emit light
- The blocks are obtained by luring a Frog close to a small Magma Cube. The Frog will eat the Magma Cube and a Froglight block will drop. Each Frog variant will cause a different Froglight block to drop
- Sculk block features are now accessible by enabling this toggle
Performance / Stability
- Addressed a bug that could cause entities in a chunk to not save when exiting a world.
- The game now loads certain seeds and worlds around Mesa biomes without crashing.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trading Maps with Cartographer Villagers.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when shift-clicking Armor in the Crafting Table while using Pocket UI.
- Fixed issue where breaking blocks, opening chests, and entering portals would be delayed/not work when there are lots of mobs nearby.
- Optimized the placement of geode features in the world
- Reduced the amount of network packets sent with the subchunk request system and packet optimizations
- Boats no longer disappear when getting out of them after a long ride.
- Players can now use emotes while standing on Scaffolding.
- Capped the freezing range of the Frost Walker enchantment to 8 blocks to avoid server unresponsiveness
- The ‘Iron Belly’ achievement can once again be unlocked.
- Players can no longer be hurt by their own armor enchantments such as Thorns
- Fixed a camera issue when entering a Bed while still in glide mode.
- Pillager Outposts now spawn the correct number of Pillagers and Iron Golems.
- Large Dripstone feature does not generate floating on top of lava anymore.
- Pointed Dripstone clusters no longer have a chance of spawning only stalagmites of height one.
- Pointed Dripstone now sometimes generate on large stalactites and stalagmites.
- Lava pools now only generate in positive Y coordinates.
- Lava pools that generate close to Y=0 will have Deepslate and Stone blocks casing
- Coral now generates in the deeper depths of Warm Oceans.
- The Grove biome now has more variety of Spruce Trees.
- Fixed Mesa and Frozen Ocean biomes having inconsistent generation on Realms
- The Bedrock layer in old world chunks is now replaced with Deepslate between y=0 and y=8.
- Copper Ore can now generate in Deepslate variant in Dripstone Caves .
- Ruined Portals under Ocean and Swamp biomes are no longer waterlogged and will spawn dry
- Chests and Monster Spawners once again generate correctly in structures.
- The bottoms of hoodoos in Eroded Badlands biomes no longer make flat ceilings in caves underneath.
- Lily Pads no longer generate in aquifers under Swamp biomes.
- Fossils can now be generate below Y=0, with Deepslate Diamond Ore Blocks instead of Coal Ore Blocks.
- Fossils will no longer generate floating in caves or water
- Mineshafts now always generate above the Bedrock layer.
- Iceberg features no longer replace Snow Blocks of Igloo structures.
- Water in open air mountain caves no longer generates unevenly.
- Aquifers no longer generate with missing water blocks.
- Villagers, Rabbits, and Foxes spawned in the Frozen and Jagged Peaks biomes now spawn as their respective snowy variants.
- Goats now spawn in the Jagged Peaks and Frozen Peaks biomes.
- Axolotl walk animations are now affected by speed.
- Slimes are once again aggressive towards Snow Golems.
- Minecraft version 2.38 fixed a bug where the Ender Dragon would become invisible when flying towards the portal fountain after dying.
- When using the Education Edition toggle, Axolotls, Bees, Boats, Cats, Dolphins, Glow Squids, Goats, Hoglins, Iron Golems, Ocelots, Pandas, Parrots, Pigs, Polar Bears, Squids, Striders, Wolves, and Zoglins can now have Balloons attached to them. Wow, that’s a lot of mobs!
- Skeleton Horsemen now pathfind correctly.
- Farmer Villagers no longer pick up more than 8 stacks of items.
- Untamed Cats can now be leashed
- Guardians and Elder Guardians no longer sink while targeting an enemy or the player
- Fire can no longer be placed on top of Lightning Rods
- The width of Walls connecting to Candles is now correct .
- Improved the animation of falling block entities (e.g. Sand and Gravel).
- Amethyst Clusters are now properly destroyed when the supporting block is destroyed.
- Copper Blocks and variants now oxidize in the Nether.
- Big Dripleaf placement has been restricted to Clay, Grass, Dirt, Farmland, Moss, Rooted Dirt, Podzol, and Mycelium.
- Water blocks near edges should now flow properly
- Minecraft version 2.38 fixed Monster Spawners that sometimes stopped spawning mobs when the chunks they were placed in were reloaded.
- Fixed End Crystal beams not rendering when an End Crystal was out of the players sight.
- Fixed Structure Blocks infinitely spawning the same entities when loading a structure.
- Structure Block structures now correctly transform (rotate and/or mirror) multiface blocks, like Glow Lichen
- Big Dripleaf, Amethyst Buds, and Amethyst Clusters no longer break in Structure Blocks
- Pointed Dripstone can now only be placed on full faces of blocks
- Glow Lichen is now oriented the correct way when placed
- Magma Blocks no longer deal damage when the Fire Damage game rule is disabled .
- Flower blocks are now properly destroyed by explosions when inside snow layers.
- Portal blocks are no longer obtainable in Survival mode.
- Primed TNT will no longer explode when spawned using ‘/summon’ and the TNT Explodes game rule is disabled.
- Cocoa Pods placed on chunk borders no longer break upon reloading a world.
- Minecraft Update 1.18.10 fixed Observer Block retaining its lit state while in the inventory if destroyed while blinking.
- Minecraft patch 2.38 Addressed a bug where Paintings could overlap with Glow Item Frames, Signs, Banners, and Torches
- Light Block light intensity can now be incremented periodically while holding right-click/interact.
- Light Block light intensity can now be changed on touch-input devices
- Light Blocks can now be placed on other Light Blocks while sneaking.
- Fixed Light Block’s brightness not being adjustable when playing in VR
- Minecraft patch 2.38 fixed Light Block not being continuously placed while holding the ‘Place’ button.
- Light Blocks can now be waterlogged.
- Furnaces now consistently output the expected number of items after completing a smelt.
- Stored experience in a Furnace can no longer be duplicated.
- The Bow’s shaking animation now only appears when the Bow is fully drawn
- Food once again applies status effects when eaten
- Offset the position of Maps held in hand relative to the screen’s aspect ratio so they always stay close to the screen’s edge and remain fully visible
- Item data no longer gets corrupted when items are placed in mobs’ hands.
- Fixed first person off-hand Shield blocking animation.
- Minecraft patch 1.18.10 Addressed a bug with Screen Reader on the “Save purchase to a Microsoft Account” screen
- Screen Reader now correctly reads the names of experimental toggles
- Added appropriate padding to the “Item Text Name” box on the user interface for when players have Armor equipped in Survival mode and select items via the hotbar.
- Minecraft 2.38 Addressed a bug where text shadows had a reduced offset when text message contains button glyph
- Addressed a bug with getting a faulty purchase page for Realms when the maximum number of Realms are already owned on the current platform
- Fixed the Achievements button not being accessible when scrolling up on the Pause Screen
- Fixed the food cooldown visual not being semi-transparent on the HUD.
- The “Invite to game” and player role buttons on the Pause Screen now have a white border when focused with custom resolution
- The “Invite to Game” button on the pause screen now disables correctly when a server is full
- Fixed tab order on the Settings menu when navigating with gamepad bumpers
- Fixed the height of the scrolling content panel on the Marketplace sidebar navigation to display the scrolling bar for varying device resolutions
- Fixed a redundant ” – ” beside player usernames after adding them to the friends list.
- Fixed item tooltip freezing in place on the Creative menu when switching between gaze selection and controller selection on PS VR
- Fixed player camera perspective not being respected when changing from Immersive Mode to Living Room Mode in PS VR
- Boss bar info no longer disappears after changing VR display mode on PS VR
- Minecraft patch 2.38 fixed coin purchases not updating displayed coin amount until after relaunching the game
- Removed double space spelling issues on several screens, including the Feedback prompt.
- Fixed the player visual on the inventory screen while gliding. It was previously off-center and could hide elements of the interface
- Fixed issue where up and down arrow buttons in the Resource Pack Settings screen became bigger when highlighted.
- Fixed Realms buttons disappearing after the Minecraft window lost and regained focus on the Create World on Realm screen
Download free Minecraft update 2.38 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
#Minecraft #PS4 #Update #Patch #Notes #Minecraft