Players are currently reporting Dayz error code 9 on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox. They are unable to login and getting random disconnections from the game. There are various reasons for error 9 in Dayz, most likely network connection related. Read how to fix error code 9 and other details.
What is Dayz error code 9?
Dayz error code 9 is most likely a network connection-related problem. However, sometimes it’s a backend issue.
How to fix error code 9 in Dayz?
First, check Dayz Server status here. If the game servers are up, follow the steps below.
Check your Network Address Translation (NAT) Type settings
Open NAT Type will have fewer conflicts with other player systems and encounter fewer connectivity issues.
NAT Type Settings
- Navigate to your console’s XMB
- Push up on the left control stick
- Navigate to the Settings panel and choose Network
- Under the View Connection Status
- Your NAT Type will be on the bottom of the next screen
Check your Firewall / Router for NAT Type restrictions
If you have a firewall or other network hardware, such as a router, you may need to access them to change your NAT type. Sometimes this configuration change is caused by opening or forwarding other network ports.
Check your Open Network Ports
PlayStation Network uses the following ports for communication with game servers:
- Port 465 (TCP)
- Port 983 (TCP)
- Port 1935 (TCP)
- 3478 (TCP)
- 3479 (TCP)
- 3480 (TCP)
- Port 3478 (UDP)
- Port 3479 (UDP)
- 10070 – 10080 (TCP)
Change your DNS and update it with the following.
- Go to Settings
- Select Network
- Select Set Up Internet Connection
- Select Wifi/LAN (depending on what you use to connect)
- Select Custom
- Select / Enter the following details
- IP Address Settings = Automatic
- DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify
- DNS Settings = Manual
PRIMARY: 188.8.131.52 (Open DNS)
SECONDARY: 184.108.40.206 (Open DNS)
PRIMARY: 220.127.116.11 (google DNS)
SECONDARY: 18.104.22.168 (google DNS)
- MTU Settings: Automatic
- Proxy Server: Do Not Use
Restart your console:
- Turn off your console and then turn it back on.
Make sure your game software is up to date:
- Go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Highlight the game you’re playing and press the Options button on your controller.
- Select “Check For Update” and install any updates that are available.
Make sure your PlayStation 5 and PS4’s system software has the most recent update:
- Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
- Choose “System Software Update” and allow any system updates to install.
- Reboot your PlayStation 4.
An upcoming update will fix Dayz error 9 issue.
#fix #Dayz #Error #Code #Issue #PS4 #Xbox #Solved