Horizon Forbidden West update 1.06 (1.006.000) is now available to download on PS4 and PS5. According to the official Horizon Forbidden West 1.06 patch notes. the update added a long list of bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Apart from this, today’s Horizon Forbidden West patch 1.06 (1.006) also includes general stability fixes.
Recently, a major update was released with various bug fixes. Unfortunately, since the release, players are facing a number of issues with the game.
Horizon Forbidden West version 1.06 will address a few of these issues. Read more details below.
Horizon Forbidden West 1.06 Patch Notes – March 2, 2022
What is fixed and improved in Horizon Forbidden West patch 1.06 today?
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Varl could become stuck swimming, which resulted in a missing prompt to [Examine the Machine Carcass] at the Glinthawk sighting site, thus blocking further progression.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Varl would visibly teleport after the Focus scanning tutorial.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Aloy could become stuck in a falling animation when she grabbed a collapsing climbing point and used the Pullcaster on a Grapple Point at the same time.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where there was a sudden change in sunlight when Aloy was traversing a certain spot inside the shuttle tower.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘Death’s Door’ where reloading from a certain save would cause the Firegleam explosion to replay.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘The Dying Lands’ where Aloy and her companions would get snowed on while inside the cauldron.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘The Broken Sky’ where Kotallo could sometimes become distracted and stray from the task at hand, which could block further progression.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘The Broken Sky’ where Aloy would be placed in an unintended pose when reloading a certain save.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘The Kulrut’ where an objective marker was leading towards a blocked path.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘Seeds of the Past’ where Alva could sometimes not reach the console, blocking progression.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘Seeds of the Past’ where reloading the save after killing the machines outside of test station Elm would spawn Aloy stuck in the floor.
- Addressed a bug in main quest ‘Singularity’ where reloading a certain save would cause a certain line of dialogue to play again incorrectly.
- Addressed a bug in side quest ‘The Blood Choke’ where Atekka would not move into position when needed, thus blocking progression.
- Addressed a bug in side quest ‘The Promontory’ where reloading from a save after the ‘Investigate the bridge’ objective would place the player in Plainsong.
- Tempered the vigilance of machines in side quest “The Wound in the Sand”, so that they no longer enter a suspicious state immediately upon reloading from a certain save.
Addressed a bug in side quest “A Tribe Apart” where reloading a save created after opening the metal flower at Riverwatch would cause the vines to respawn.
- Fixed an infinite black screen that would occur after stashing the Champion’s Spear and then starting any Tutorial or Challenge in Chainscrape Melee Pit, or a fixed loadout challenge in the Arena.
- Addressed a bug in Cauldron Mu where a platform at the end of the cauldron could stream in late, trapping the player underneath.
- Addressed a bug in salvage contract The Stillsands: Pristine Bellowback where the incorrect machine corpse was spawned when reloading from save after defeating the machine.
- Addressed a bug in Machine Strike where the player was no longer able to attack after selecting to repeat the instructions regarding unit combat power.
- Addressed a bug in Machine Strike where the compass would appear on screen after the player retried a match they lost.
- Addressed a bug where a wild loading screen could pop up while in the Arena menu, after returning from a challenge.
- Addressed a bug where scavenger machines would not appear after killing other types of machines in certain habitats.
- Addressed a bug with dome views where the icons would not display correctly after reloading a save.
- Addressed a bug in Salvage Contract: The Lost Supplies where the quest could not be turned in under certain circumstances.
Addressed a bug with the track “The World on Her Shoulders” repeating if the player used fast-travel after climbing a Signal Tower. Please note that this is not fixed for players who already encountered this issue, we are investigating a separate fix for this.
- Removed haptic feedback when standing next to a campfire and when fast-traveling if the Vibration Intensity sliders are set to 0.
- Addressed a bug where a Vista image would appear in front of a Black Box collectible in the menu.
- Fixed multiple instances of objects in the world visibly popping between different levels of detail.
- Addressed a bug in Photo Mode where parts of Aloy’s outfit and body would become blurry in certain poses.
- Improved visual differentiation of the attack and move indicators in Machine Strike.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with underwater cubemap.
- Addressed a bug where a blurry artefact was visible around the Heavy Crossbow when using it in combat.
- Fixed several instances of the camera jittering and behaving in an unintentional way.
- Several craftable quest items had the incorrect model in the workbench interface, those have now been replaced with the final assets.
Horizon Forbidden West update 1.06 Addressed a bug with Parallax Mapped Foam by removing variable height scale in favor of a constant value; when original dynamic input value got too high it started separating the parallax layers. To fix the nasty separation of the layers at glancing angles the height scale is set by a bit of fresnel based logic.
- Fixed several instances of NPCs in settlements not displaying the correct level of detail when playing the PS4 version of the game.
- Addressed a bug in the Chainscrape tavern where moving the camera in a certain spot would cause sudden changes in lighting.
- Improved noise reduction on screen space ambient occlusion.
- Reduced the intensity of the vignette screen effect when activating Valor Surges, and when Aloy was at low health.
Performance and Stability
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Fixed multiple assets that would pop in or stream in visibly during cinematics.
- Horizon Forbidden West version 1.06 fixed several unintentional loading screens/black screens that would trigger in specific points.
- Aloy will not mention her stash quite as often as before.
- Multiple localization fixes and text alignment corrections.
- Multiple visual and audio improvements to cinematics.
- Addressed a bug where Aloy would freeze in a specific pose when switching weapons during a charged heavy melee attack.
- Addressed a bug where remapping the controls for Primary Fire to R1 would prevent the player from throwing rocks.
- The spear impact when using ‘Strike From Above’ was missing a sound effect that has now been added.
- Addressed a bug where the player would lose control of Aloy if sprinting and sliding into the water at a specific spot in the ruins north of Landfall.
- Addressed a bug with the camera during the end credits.
- Fixed several instances of the mount behaving erratically in specific locations while riding on roads.
- Addressed several graphical issues including shimmering, sharpening, and screen saturation when moving the camera.
- Fixed a bug with infinite loading screens when attempting to load into Melee Pits.
- Addressed an issue where Aloy’s outfit appears blurry in Photo Mode.
- Fixed a bug in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Aloy can’t interact with a machine carcass, blocking progression.
Download free Horizon Forbidden West update 1.06 (1.006.000) on PlayStation 4 and PlayStations 5.
#Horizon #Forbidden #West #Update #Patch #Notes