Halo Infinite update is rolling out on Windows PC and Xbox. According to the official Halo Infinite patch notes, the latest update introduces new features like the Dredge multiplayer map, improved death cam controls, and toggling Personal AI dialogue.
Previously, a minor hotfix added changes to skill jumps, weapons jamming, and the “tank gun” glitch. Unfortunately, players are experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s Halo Infinite patch will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Halo Infinite Patch Notes – August 9, 2023
- New Multiplayer Map – Dredge: A new multiplayer map named “Dredge” has been added to Custom Games and matchmaking playlists. It’s based on the “Countdown” map from Halo: Reach but with adjustments for the Halo Infinite gameplay. It features Weapon Racks for weapon respawns and Equipment Pads placed around the map.
- Death Cam Improvements: The spectator camera used while respawning in multiplayer matches has been improved. Players can now rotate the camera while spectating other players, and swapping between different players is faster.
- Personal AI Dialogue Toggle: Players can now enable or disable Personal AI dialogue during multiplayer matches using the new “Personal AI Chatter” option in the Settings menu.
- Forge Mode Improvements:
- Reactive Water Plane: A new scalable object, the Reactive Water Plane, dynamically responds to player collision, projectiles, and vehicles, enhancing the Forge mapping experience.
- Collapsible Forge Menus: All sub-menus in the Forge Menu and Node Graph Menu can now be expanded or collapsed, making navigation more efficient.
- Observer Mode Improvements: Observer mode in Custom Games has been improved. Observers can hear in-game announcer voice lines, and new options for Event Feed background modes and opacity have been introduced to enhance legibility.
Resolved Issues and Bug Fixes: Global:
- Frametime on 4K 120hz displays has been improved when playing Halo Infinite on an Xbox Series X|S console with Dolby Vision enabled.
- Players will now reconnect to online services more consistently after using Quick Resume.
- The High-Res Texture Pack is no longer automatically downloaded when installing Halo Infinite from the Microsoft Store app or the Xbox app for PC.
- Resolved two common crashes that occurred in the main menus.
- Completing the mission Outpost Tremonius on a higher difficulty via Mission Replay will now consistently result in the TacMap menu reflecting the new highest difficulty completed.
- Destroying a Ghost that is hanging from the bottom of a Phantom is now less likely to result in a crash.
- Sprinting then sliding down a slope no longer results in players coming to an abrupt stop.
- Weapon Charms are now less likely to detach from a weapon after players remain idle in gameplay.
- When entering a Big Team Battle match, Fireteam members will now appear together during the match’s opening camera sequence and see one another’s Pings.
- For Fireteams with more than 4 players, Fireteam members will be split across multiple in-game squads. Pings are only visible to players in your squad.
- Pelicans vehicle drop-offs in Big Team Battle have been improved to deliver the same vehicle for both teams in the same wave.
- Due to the Pelicans’ flight path on each map, there may be some slight differences in the timing of vehicle drop offs between the two teams.
- Players can no longer access unintended areas outside of the playable space on the map Chasm.
- The VK78 Commando Rifle’s sight no longer appears opaque when using some of the new Weapon Coatings introduced in Season 4.
- Spike Grenades thrown into water will now consistently deal their intended amount of damage.
- During Infection matches, the holograms of incoming Power Equipment can no longer be picked up and activated as normal Power Equipment.
- Holding down the Pick Up button while swapping to the next Escalation Slayer loadout will no longer result in players keeping the previous loadout’s Equipment.
- The Extermination medal can now be earned when playing any Arena game mode in Halo Infinite.
- This medal can be earned by killing all four members of the opposing team in rapid succession, before the first player to be killed has respawned.
- The “Straight to the Bank” Achievement can now be earned in a Custom Game session.
- This Achievement can be earned by depositing 5 Power Seeds in a single Stockpile match.
- Bots will now consistently navigate through 343 Industries maps made in Forge.
- When playing Last Spartan Standing on a Big Team Battle map, the Danger Zone now consistently inflicts damage to players.
- As announced via @HaloSupport on Twitter on August 8, 2023, the following map and playlist changes were made via a backend update:
- Map improvements:
- Weapon spawns on Catalyst have been adjusted and, as a result, it has been re-added to the Ranked Arena matchmaking playlist.
- Plasma Grenades will no longer become stuck in the Gravity Lift on Solitude.
- Weapons dropped in the Elevator area on the map Empyrean can now be picked up consistently.
- Playlist improvements:
- Playlist descriptions and names have been adjusted to better reflect their included maps and modes.
- The order of the playlists on the Multiplayer menu has also been adjusted to provide a more consistent layout week-to-week.
- Squad Battle is now a staple playlist, meaning it will not be removed from matchmaking.
- There are now five rotational playlists available, one for each of the following categories: Big Team Battle, Arena, Ranked, Doubles, and Free-For-All.
- Map improvements:
- The “Battle Tested” achievement now consistently unlocks after reaching the maximum level on any Battle Pass.
- If you completed a Battle Pass prior to this update and did not receive this Achievement, navigate to the main menu then select the Battle Pass widget in the top right corner of the menu. The Achievement should unlock shortly after opening this Battle Pass menu or while navigating its sub-menus. If you have completed a Battle Pass and are not receiving this Achievement after the update, submit ticket so our team can investigate.
- The Career Rank Rewards screen will no longer overlap and block other menus if another menu is opened while it is active.
- The button prompts listed at the bottom of the Post-Game Carnage Report menu will now appear more consistently.
- Selecting the Content Browser’s “Browse All” option no longer lists the “Popular” results when initially opened.
- The default value for the Points Per Slay setting is now consistently set to 1 when modifying Custom Game settings.
- The Superintendent’s eyes are now consistently visible in the Body & AI customization menu.
- Weapon Coatings now consistently apply the correct color to the M392 Bandit when the Crimson Dawn Weapon Model is equipped.
- The Grim Fortress Weapon Coating now consistently applies its intended colors.
Theater & Observer Mode
- Improved stability when fast-forwarding and switching perspectives simultaneously in a Theater film.
- Assigning the Change Outlines function to a new controller button now consistently results in the new binding working as expected.
- Observer Mode’s Starting Outlines setting now consistently takes effect after being toggled from the Settings menu.
- When switching between players on either team as an Observer, the overall scores for each team are now less likely to become swapped on the Observer Scoreboard.
- The Observer Scoreboard now only shows columns that are used by the current game mode.
- The Golf Ball, Primitive Sphere, and Forerunner Sphere objects now react to player collision when their Physics setting is set to Normal in Forge mode.
- The Physics and Collision budget meters will now consistently update when the Physics setting of a Dynamic object is set to either Normal or Phased.
- Objects no longer change colors when transitioning between the Object Browser menu and placing them on the map.
- Railings, Columns, Floors, Ramps, and Walls objects in the Halo Design Set category will no longer turn grey when applying new Scratch and Grime values.
- The Forerunner Door Small Animated object can now be consistently repositioned.
- Tall objects, such as columns, can now be Snap Duplicated along their longest axis.
- All Flora objects now have consistent collision after setting the Object Collision to Dynamic.
- Identifiers within node graphs are now less likely to revert back to a blank value after duplicating and deleting Script Brains.
- Nav Marker icons on the Heads-Up Display (HUD) now align with the selected Nav Icon value in the associated Node Graph.
- Players can now edit objects on 343 Industries maps that only appear in the Infection game mode.
- The Player Blocker object no longer blocks dynamic objects from crossing its threshold.
- Players can now pass through the open sides of a One Way Blocker more consistently.
- Grenade Blockers now consistently block grenades’ area of effect damage.
- Player Blockers, Grenade Blockers, and the Water Plane object no longer disrupt navigation mesh data on Forge maps.
- Re-entering a Forge map after encountering a server issue no longer results in the new session’s save attempts failing without informing the player.
- Lowering the Sunlight Intensity Map setting below its default value is now less likely to result in a crash.
- Scaling the Wall Window A MP object is now less likely to result in a crash.
- Players will now see an error message when attempting to save a Forge map that is too large to open.
#HALO #Infinite #Update #Patch #Notes