Bloons TD 6 update 28.0 is now available to download on PC(Steam). According to the official Bloons TD 6 patch notes, the latest update added new Boss Bloons and Paragon Towers. Apart from this, the Bloons TD 6 patch 28.0 also includes stability improvements.
Read more details below.
Bloons TD 6 Patch Notes – Oct 14, 2021
Key New Features
- Co-op Boss Events!
- Play with friends or open up a public match and find how much fun co-op bosses can be
- Don’t be Player 3 – coordinate farming and placement to tip the fun:frustration ratio to the fun side (frunstration isn’t a word but should be)
- Ranked Boss leaderboards!
- Not content with just co-op Bosses, we wanted to give extra challenge through ranked play
- While not a race, Ranked Boss games time your play while the Boss is onscreen through the completion of the round on which the Tier 5 Boss is popped
- Leaderboards are unique for 1p, 2p, 3p, and 4p so you can show up on multiple leaderboards but you will only receive rewards for your best normal and best elite placement
- Note there are timer penalties for stalling, so don’t try a stalling strat. Careful with those Cripple Snipers; put them on First.
- New Boss added – Lych, the Gravelord
- While some BTD fans want to see all of the known BMC bosses, we wanted to make it clear that we are committed to introducing new content and mechanics to keep the BTD universe dynamic and challenging
- True to its name, Lych draws power from others, draining buffs from Monkey Towers and stealing any Monkey’s lifeforce when sold to heal itself (avoid buff Alchemists and other familiar activated boosts!)
- When damaged to a Skull level on its health bar, the Lych is ethereally immobilized as it revives undead MOAB class Bloons, releases the stiletto-fast Lych-Soul, and steals lives as long as it remains ethereal
- Revivified MOABs and the Lych-Soul must be destroyed before Lych will return to normal state
- Due to their sheer awesomeness, Heroes are immune to the Lych’s buff drain effect
- The Lych can revive all MOAB class Bloons besides BADs
- New Paragon – Ascended Shadow Ninja
- To combat this new evil, the Ninja Paragon unleashes its triple mastery on Boss Bloons
- Painfully expensive but deals incredible damage, especially at high Degree
More New Awesomeness
- New Beginner Map – The Cabin, perfect for a dark, spooky night’s play
- New Hero Skin – Viking Sauda brings all the axetasticness
- New Achievement – Perfect Paragon
- New Boss Music track – Onslaught will play with Lych events but is not exclusive to Lych (not going to be a new music track per Boss, for game footprint issues)
- New Trophy Store Items
- Heroes: Sentai Churchill Scifi Drone pet
- Monkeys: Monkey Village Canada flag, Glue Gunner Rat pet, Buccaneer Narwhal pet, Bats Upgrade FX
- Co-op: Pleeeease Monkey Emote, Panic Monkey Emote
- Game & UI: Sun Temple Banner, Best Ben avatar, Action Psi avatar, Community Avatar Lead Zeppelin by waywardzuck
- Limited Time only
- Hockey Mask limited Halloween avatar
- Vampire Hunter Engineer projectiles swap
- Jack-o-Lantern ZOMG
- Vampire Cape Bloons
- Haunted House music track
- Ghosts’n’Candy Banner
Quality of Life & Other Additions
Added a ‘Review Map’ option to all game modes which will allow you to look over your towers after any victory or defeat, mainly to look at Monkey pop counts for bragging rights or to optimize strategies
- Load Checkpoint option has now also been added to the Pause Menu during Boss Events
- Rich presence messages updated for player created odysseys
- Rich presence added for bosses
- Highest round stats added to profiles for both CHIMPS and Deflation
- Added Refresh button to race leaderboard
- Races now have a pause delay which will incur a penalty for pausing too frequently; the idea of a race is a strategic sprint – one fast run with your best thinking in the moment
Bug Fixes & General Changes
- Avatar 44 Description to include the correct name LV-223_Deacon.
- When players quit to menu (rather than crashing) they will now immediately be removed and have their resources distributed instead of waiting for a rejoin.
- Various fixes for co-op rejoining & host migration
- Co-op callouts should no longer display on the defeat screen
- Added a small double cash icon to the in-game cash display to show when it is active
- Should now be less content required to be downloaded between versions
- Collection event bonus is now shared from the Host in co-op
- Free Race attempts will now prevent a Race Pass from being used
- Custom user banners now show in more locations
- Some general UI & Localization fixes
- Towers should no longer be redistributed to removed co-op players when multiple players are removed from any co-op session
- Loading a boss save will now pause
- Optimized music tracks behind the scenes
- Game will now on launch check if a co-op lobby actually still exists before showing the rejoin message on main menu
- Resolved low-resolution Powers icon as challenge reward
- Round-send flag and comparison timer fixed in Race mode
- Resolved an issue that was being really mean
- Paragon cost on the upgrades screen will now update based on game difficulty
- Resolved a few issues with Boss Music Tracks playing/not playing at correct times
- Obsolete patch notes button removed from main menu
- Resolved an issue where Paragons were displaying as 6-0-0 upgrades on victory callouts
- In Challenge Editor Reloading Last Round then returning to menu immediately will no longer delete the save
- Insta Monkey Menu now loads correctly if viewed in game
- Boss event state is now saved immediately when Boss is defeated.
- Nonfunctional close button removed from *Waiting for end of round* message box.
- Buff Icons now show on Monkey Farmers
- Resolved some final issues with the sword on Ravine so Setk can get his black border
- Hero Selection for Boss Events is now not displayed as an option if no selected hero is allowed under the challenge rules
- Muting players while they are emoting will no longer cause some emotes to loop
- Resolved an issue where creating a Paragon with a tower inside a Heli during redeployment or Door Gunnerisim would cause a crash
- Resolved a co-op softlock that could occur when playing with other players on a bad connection
- Removing camo from a Neon skin DDT when other players in the match have the shark skin will no longer change the DDT into a Shark skinned version
- Lotus flowers once again remember their ready state when loading a save
- Degree 1 paragons will now also deal double damage to Elite Bosses. Previously this bonus was not applying until at least Degree 2
- Co-op resync can no longer re-assign map areas to a disconnected+removed players
- Resolved some issues with not receiving mini race rewards
- Resolved an issue with profiles loading incorrectly in offline mode
- Resolved a softlock that could occur with 2 players attempting to rejoin into the same co-op lobby at the same time
- 502 Glaive Lord with Red Hot Rangs crosspath will now use the red-tipped glaives projectile for rotating glaives
- Mortar Monkey’s new decamo AoE at xx2 should no longer apply to DDTs without Paint Stripper MK
- Named monkey stats will track cash generation on super monkeys now.
- x3x Unstable Concoction damage again increases for Fortified Bloon variants
- First child of Bloons popped by Spirit of the Forest should take damage again
- Reworked some functionality around chinooking a Spirit of the Forest
- x3x Monkey Bank resolved an issue where fractional cash amounts could sometimes round up instead of down
- Alright, Sentry Paragon is now a Champion.
- Resolved issues with Gwendolin Lv17 firestorm’s Heat it Up buff
Strikers Parachute drop placement animation should no longer break if you sell Striker after using it, and place him again
- Resolved an issue that could cause Strike Jones’ attack animations to permanently break
- Resolved Benjamin’s Trojan displaying the wrong cash gain sometimes
- Resolved an issue that could cause Ezili’s attack animations to permanently break
- Resolved an issue where Ground Zero could cause Ezili’s MOAB Hex to not remove children
- Lv3 Rallying Roar buff will now pause between rounds
- Joan of Arc Adora’s ball of light should display correctly at all times
- Lv3 Navel Tactics buff will now pause between rounds
- Psi should now inherit Monkey Town buffs more consistently
- Added 2 extra cursor options which will increase size, note that these options will result in a less precise cursor under intensive situations.
- Holding a tower hotkey down once again allows you to place multiples
- Resolved some slow mouse scroll issues in Challenge Editor
- A bug; Due to some changes to the latest version of the engine, issues have risen with the first click returning the game to the foreground after being backgrounded. We have put our own temporary fix in place for now which may mostly resolve this for the time being but are also in talks with Unity about a true resolution.
Instead of saying the same thing each time; many specific crosspaths that add a ‘camo specialty’ to a tower end up being viewed as rather inferior crosspaths due to camo being quite available to pick up through other methods. To give these upgrades more use even with other forms of camo reveal in play, we have added a brand new Camo Prioritization option that is added to the towers when taking this crosspath. When enabled this filter combines the selected target method with Camo Prioritization (e.g. Strong Camo would work through all Camos in strength order, then revert to normal Strong until any new Camos show up). Individual Monkeys are called out below.
Farming methods involving stalling out games for theoretically infinite amounts of time have been around since previous games in the series, and we set out to stop a few of them with BTD6’s launch but still allowed some to linger on due to how difficult they were to perform. Nevertheless these time-consuming methods don’t fit the spirit of the game and while tedious to perform they have sparked certain mindsets that they need to be used when things get too hard. We have chosen to now add in a 3 minute timeout preventing further use of any Cash Generating abilities within any single round to end any remaining cash value in this ‘infinite stalling’ of any single round. This allows players to continue to use this strategy, but only to a specific, limited extent, so strategies can be planned around this; we hope players will agree this is a fair compromise.
- xx2 Enhanced Eyesight now grants Dart Monkey the new Camo Prioritization filter
- Dart Paragon has had a slight performance change to improve bit rate issues when streaming. This will not change power in any way
While the higher tiers are quite good, Bionic Boomerang does not feel like a strong stepping ston, and 052 is still mostly considered an inferior crosspath due to base tower damage already being high, so Bionic’s ability increase to damage has been increased further. MOAB Domination’s MOAB damage has been increased to give it a little more power than just stalling & finally we’re tweaked up some of the numbers on Boomerang Paragon’s damage to even out some parts of it that were not contributing effectively
- x3x Bionic Boomerang MOAB damage bonus increased from 1 -> 2
- 052 Red Hot Rangs ability bonus damage increased from 8 -> 10
- xx5 MOAB Domination damage on MOAB throw per hit increased from 20 -> 25
- Boomerang Paragon burn DoT damage tic increased from 50 -> 100
- Boomerang Paragon Shred DoT damage tic increased from 250 -> 750
- Boomerang Paragon rotating glaive base damage increased from 20 to 42
While MOAB Maulers are a current popular meta the base bomb shooter is unaffordable early on for the little contribution it can make at early levels when not much pierce is really needed, so some cost has been moved out of the base upgrade and into the Mauler with an overall price increase to Mauler. We’ve acknowledged that Frag Bombs have felt like an inconsistent crosspath both in what they add to the tower and what they lose when upgraded further on their own path, so now in addition to frags popping Black Bloons xx2+ will allow all attacks from the tower to pop Black.
- 000 Bomb Shooter base price decreased from $600 -> 525
- 030 MOAB Mauler price increased from $900 -> 1,100
- 002 Frag Bombs upgrade now grants ‘fraggy explosions’ which allows all explosions from the tower to pop Black Bloons
Embrittlement being a ‘camo reveal’ has not been viable due to the price, so T2 Metal Freeze has been granted camo detection to allow this tower to somewhat hold off camos while it saves up to become a reveal. Additionally Embrittlement will now be able to target and debuff MOAB Bloons for the smaller damage bonus without needing to be upgraded to T5. Additionally some smaller price nerfs have been made along the lower tiers of bottom path as each of these upgrades has been standing out a little much.
- 2xx Metal Freeze can now target camo
- 2xx Metal Freeze price increased from $300 -> 350
- 2xx name change from ‘Metal Freeze’ to ‘Cold Snap’
- 4xx Embrittlement can now target and debuff MOABs but not slow them
- xx1 Larger Radius price increased from $100 -> 175
- xx2 Re-Freeze price increased from $200 -> 225
- xx3 Cryo Cannon price increased from $1750 -> 1950
No wrist enjoys spamming cash drops, so sniper’s random cash drop has been standardized around a higher amount with slower cooldown for an overall buff. As middle path sniper has been feeling to be in a good spot with alchemist buffs, but other uses of sniper shrapnel weak due to lack of alchemist buff, we have decided to swap alchemist buffability over from the number of bounces to the power of the shrapnel itself.
- x2x Night Vision Goggles now grants Sniper Monkey the new Camo Prioritization filter
- x4x Supply Drop: Cash Generating abilities now have a 3 minute timeout
- Sniper x4x cooldown increased from 60s -> 90
- Sniper x4x cash produced increased from a range of $500-1000 to a flat $1200
- Sniper x5x cash produced increased from a range of $1500-3000 to a flat $3000
- 020 Shrapnel Shot, shrapnel on all crosspaths is now able to receive any external buffs
- 030 Bouncing Bullet is no longer able to receive external buffs to the number of bounces
- 004 Full Auto Rifle price reduced from 4750 -> 4250
- 004 Full Auto Rifle dmg type changed from Normal -> Sharp
- 005 Elite Defender dmg type changed from Normal -> Sharp
Bottom crosspath feels behind compared to others here, so in addition to the new Camo Prioritization filter Longer Range on this path will now also grant bonus pierce. Favored Trades stacking was never intended to be a feature but we previously updated the description to support the stacking instead of changing functionality, so this has now been corrected.
- xx1 Longer Range now also grants +1 pierce to most Buccaneer projectiles
- xx2 Crow’s Nest now grants Buccaneer the new Camo Prioritization filter
- xx4 Favoured Trades no longer stacks the sellback rate buff to other towers.
Monkey Ace has had an overall rework to a lot of different upgrades in order to highlight the x1x Exploding Pineapples upgrade as a buff to all explosives, in addition to this Spectre has been reworked to have less base pierce but a higher damage bonus to Ceramic Bloons in order to make the new option of a pierce crosspath more viable while also allowing it to carry on better into the endgame against Super Ceramics.
- 300 Fighter Plane Missiles pierce increased from 3 -> 4
- 400 Operation Dart Storm Missiles pierce remains 4
- 310 Fighter Plane Missiles pierce increased from 3 -> 6
- 310 Fighter Plane Missiles radius increased from 30 -> 34.5
- 410 Dart Storm Missiles pierce increased from 4 -> 6
- 510 Sky Shredder Missiles pierce increased from 5 -> 7
- 004 Spectre Dart damage to ceramics increased from 2 -> 4
- 004 Spectre Dart pierce reduced from 30 -> 15
- 004 Spectre Bomb damage to ceramics increased from 3 -> 5
- 004 Spectre Bomb pierce reduced from 60 -> 30
- 014 Spectre Bomb pierce reduced from 60 -> 45
- 014 Spectre Bomb radius increased from 20 -> 23
For similar reasons to Sniper, Chinook is a pretty annoying tower to farm with, so its ability has been standardized into a single producing both a life & a cash crate on a longer cooldown; the cash production of this has gone up while the life generation has been reduced as the power stood out too much compared to any other life generation method. MOAB Shove has had a missile attack similar to xx4’s mini comanches added to provide this path something extra for when the mini comanche are not active.
- Heli x4x Support Chinook: Cash Generating abilities now have a 3 minute timeout
- Heli x4x Support Chinook’s Supply Drop now drops life and cash crates together
- Heli x4x Support Chinook’s Supply Drop cooldown increased from 60s -> 90
- Heli x4x Support Chinook’s Supply Drop cash increased from $1000-2000 to $1800
- Heli x4x Support Chinook’s Supply Drop lives produced decreased from 50-75 to 10
- Heli x5x Special Poperations increases Supply Drop values to $4500 and 25 lives
- xx3 MOAB Shove gains a ‘mini heli missile’ attack with pierce 10 damage 1
- xx4 Comanche Defense increases ‘mini heli missile’ pierce to 30
- xx4 Comanche Defense increases ‘mini heli missile’ damage to 3
Bottom path Mortar burns have been reworked to burn faster and last longer at all upgrades; the Extra Burny Stuff MK has been tweaked in order to keep it’s benefit the same comparatively to the new & improved base values.
- xx2 Burny Stuff DoT duration increased from 3s -> 3.75
- xx2 Burny Stuff DoT tic interval reduced from 1.5s -> 1.25
- xx5 Blooncineration DoT tic interval reduced from 1s -> 0.75
- MK: Extra Burny Stuff buff amount reduced 0.5s -> 0.25
Even though we like the theme of the slow hitting upgrade, Buckshot has struggled to live up to its potential, so attack speed has been further increased through all tiers. Ray of Doom’s damage bonuses have been shuffled around in order to not be so weak against Super Ceramics as by the time anyone reasonably affords this SCs are the only ones you’ll be seeing.
- xx3 Buckshot attack cooldown reduced from 1.8s -> 1.5
- 5xx Ray of Doom damage increased from 5 -> 25
- 5xx Ray of Doom MOAB Damage bonus reduced from 20 -> 0
- 5xx Ray of Doom shock DoT damage increased from 15 -> 20
Some general buffs have been made to Wizard’s abilities to give it a small boost. Prince of Darkness has been performing extremely well after all its buffs and this is nice after it underperformed for so long, but the round 81 change to counter reduced Bloon Children with bonus Graveyard per pop has made it sustain high levels of graveyard too easily, this bonus has been lowered a little.
- x4x Summon Phoenix Ability cooldown reduced from 60 -> 45
- x5x Summon Phoenix Ability cooldown reduced from 50 -> 45
- x4x Summon Phoenix Ability damage increased from 4 -> 5
- x4x Summon Phoenix Ability pierce increased from 6 -> 10
- x5x Wizard Lord Phoenix Ability flaming ball travel range increased from 180 -> 250
- xx2 Monkey Sense now grants Wizard Monkey the new Camo Prioritization filter
- xx5 Necromancer ‘bonus grave’ after r81 reduced from 7 -> 13 to 7 -> 10
In an attempt to reduce visual clutter, we have reworked the formula for Temple projectile size scaling to come out overall being smaller by roughly 25%. Dark Knights have been feeling strong with their stalling power but we don’t want to hit this too hard just yet so have reduced the slow amount slightly and restored it at the T4.
- 5xx Sun Temple Military sacrifice total projectile size increase formula has been reworked to give an overall reduction in size for the sake of visual clarity
- xx2 Ultravision now grants Super Monkey the new Camo Prioritization filter
- xx3 Dark Knight lead/ceramic slow amount decreased from 100% -> 90%
- xx4 Dark Champion lead/ceramic slow remains at 100%
As ninja is the ‘Camo Specialist’ and has been since inception, it is the only tower that will unlock Camo Prioritization on the base tower. Master Bomber’s main flash bomb has also been buffed in damage slightly leading into the new Ninja Paragon.
- Ninja Monkey now gains the new Camo Prioritization filter
- xx5 Master Bomber Flash Bomb damage increased from 5 -> 10
Acidic Mixture Dip did nothing for Glue Gunners but alchemist would waste it on them
- 2xx Acidic Mixture Dip will no longer pick Glue Gunners as valid buff targets
As an underused crosspath on this tower, Druid’s Hard Thorns will now allow them to counter all of its weaknesses instead of just frozen targets. Druid of the Storm has been reworked to more consistently blow targets back due to being stationary and slower firing compared to other upgrades that do a similar task. Jungle Druids have been reworked to have more offensive power at both T3 and the T4 while not being quite so good at farming
- 1xx Hard Thorns now allows Thorns to pop all Bloon Types
- 300 Druid of the Storm minimum blowback distance increased 33 -> 100
- 300 Druid of the Storm maximum blowback distance reduced 300 -> 200
- 3xx Druid of the Storm tornado radius increased from 13 -> 16
- 5xx Superstorm price reduced from $90,000 -> 80,000
- x3x Vine grab now drops spiky thorns to the track upon popping a target
- Damage: 1
- Pierce: 30
- Pierce Refresh: 0.3
- x4x Jungle’s Bounty can now grab 2 different Bloons at once
- x4x Jungle’s Bounty ability cooldown reduced from 40 -> 60
- x4x Jungle’s Bounty ability cash amount increased from 200 -> 240
- x4x Jungle’s Bounty ability cash bonus per farm in radius increased from 100 -> 120
- x4x Jungle’s Bounty: Cash Generating abilities now have a 3 minute timeout preventing further use in any single round
Banana Farm’s xx2 upgrade is the inferior crosspath, so we’ve amped up the utility with the lazy aspect so that if it’s going to be inferior for production, it’s at least going to be extra lazy & less far behind. Additionally, as Monkey Wall Street is the least interesting T5 Banana Farm & doesn’t benefit from the Healthy Bananas MK it will now produce a base amount of lives each round
- 032 Monkey Bank now autocollects at the end of the round it fills with no delay
- xx1 EZ Collect now also salvages Bananas for 50% if uncollected
- xx2 Banana Salvage, salvage value is now increased from 50% -> 85
- xx2 Banana Salvage, now also increases this farm’s sellback rate from 70% -> 80
- xx5 Monkey Wall Street now also generates 10 lives per round
Some minor changes to a few upgrades on Spike Factory evening out some aspects of it.
- 105 Permaspike pierce increased from 80 -> 90
- 5xx Super Mines price reduced from $162,500 -> $150,000
- 5xx Super Mines ‘Small Explosion’ pierce increased 20 -> 30
Further enhancing the cooldown buff that is initially added by the T4
- 5xx Primary Expertise cooldown buff for primaries increased from 10 -> 20%
Biohack would attempt to buff/debuff Paragons but do nothing.
- Lv3 Biohack no longer picks Paragons as valid targets
Ezili’s main attack was causing large problems behind the scenes due to it applying a stacking dot, but as stacks do not play nicely with other root level mechanics we’ve streamlined her attack into a much simpler DoT with some additional stat changes.
- Ezili DoT can no longer stack
- Ezili lv8 gains an on-hit moab damage bonus of 20
- Ezili lv8 dot damage per tic to moab class increased from 20 -> 30
- Ezili lv12 on-hit moab damage bonus increased from 20 -> 30
- Ezili lv15 DoT duration increased by 50%
- Ezili lv20 on-hit moab damage bonus increased from 30 -> 50
Download free Bloons TD 6 update 28.0 on PC (Steam).
#Bloons #BTD #Update #Patch #Notes